Table of Contents
Don’t miss the chance to visit Khalifa International Stadium
Khalifa International Stadium is among the stadiums organized to co-host the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
Khalifa International Stadium is an old stadium where Khalifa International (or National) Stadium was first opened in 2017 after extensive renovations and has been modernized with a lot of new technologies that reflect Qatar’s new heritage making it the oldest stadium in Qatar.
What is the capacity of Khalifa International Stadium?
The stadium can accommodate 40,000 fans as it has been developed with an additional 12,000 seats to accommodate maximum fan capacity.
How much did it cost to build Khalifa International Stadium?
The stadium cost about $60 million to build and the stadium was named after the caliph after Sheikh Khalifa, one of the country’s flags.
Stages of renovation of Khalifa International Stadium
Photos of Khalifa International Stadium
Features of Khalifa International Stadium
- Khalifa National Stadium is one of the largest stadiums in the State of Qatar and is equipped with the latest international technology.
- The stadium features a modern and civilized façade that preserves Qatar’s long history, and the two arches in the stadium reflect an appeal to football fans and fans.
- Since its founding in 1976, the stadium has hosted a variety of sporting and historical events. Athletics and sports in general cannot be talked about without mentioning the Khalifa International Stadium.
- The stadium is the largest development project in Qatar, which included the Olympic Center for all water sports.
- The stadium has a range of accommodation and a fine selection of restaurants serving the most delicious cuisine.
- The roof was rebuilt to better cover the stadium. An improvement has also been made in the new cooling system in the stadium to provide better and ideal conditions for players.
- The canopy that stretches beneath the logo also embodies the unique shape of the stadium’s roof.
- The committee added 61 hospitality suites on the east side of the stadium and a VIP suite developed on the west side of the stadium.
- The development plan included the creation of a sports museum to house the historic sports collection. In addition to interactive exhibitions aimed at showcasing Qatar’s sporting history
What will happen to Khalifa International Stadium in World Cup?
After the tournament, Khalifa International Stadium will continue to witness the biggest sporting events in Qatar.
Where is Khalifa International Stadium located?
The stadium is located in the middle of Doha Sports City in the Aspire area, next to Villagio Shopping Mall, up to 11 km from downtown Doha and a 20-minute drive from Hamad International Airport.
Landmarks near Khalifa International Stadium?
- Aspire Park
- Villaggio Shopping Mall
- Torch Hotel Doha