Table of Contents
Stadium 974 in Qatar
Stadium 974 is one of the most attractive and renovated stadiums in the world.
This stadium was designed in an innovative way that made it a unique stadium in the world, where sea containers were used in the manufacture of this stadium.
It is the only waterfront stadium with magnificent views of Doha’s skyline, reflecting the nearby port and industrial history of the region.
What is the capacity of the Stadium 974?
The stadium has a capacity of forty thousand spectators. It was opened in 2021.
Why is Stadium 974 named?
The reason why the Stadium 974 is so named is because it was built with 974 containers that were used in the construction of the World Stadium.
Which makes it the only playground that can be completely dismantled.
The number 974 is also the international calling code of the State of Qatar. After the World Cup, the stadium will be dismantled.
How much did it cost to build the Stadium 974?
The cost of the stadium reached about 500 million US dollars.
Features of Stadium 974
- Its construction is a breakthrough in the world of global construction, with 974 shipping containers used, making it the first stadium of its kind in this form in the world.
- The stadium is the first of its kind as the design of the stadium allows it to be completely dismantled without any damage, achieving sustainability.
- Some parties have proposed using the stadium’s waterfront to activate a new feature globally: the water taxi feature at the stadium port.
- The Stadium 974 is one of the standard and inexpensive stadiums in the world. The total cost of building the stadium is 30% lower than other stadiums with the same international specifications. Not to mention shortening the time of implementation of construction.
- The stadium is likely to be removed after the last match of the 2022 World Cup on December 5, 2022, and replaced by a service project.
- The stadium has been awarded the Global Sustainability Assessment System (GSAS) certification, which has been rated as a 5-star category in design and construction.
Stadium 974 – Containerized Stadium
Photos Stadium 974
Where is the Stadium 974 located?
The stadium is located in the Ras Abboud area of Doha, Qatar and has a host of unique features that set it apart from all the other stadiums competing in the 2022 World Cup.
How to get to Stadium 974?
The best way to get to Stadium 974 is to ride the Doha Metro.
The stadium is located on the first line that runs from Al Wakra in the south to Lusail in the north.
There are a number of stations located within walking distance of the stadium, including Education City, Sports City and Qatar University.